Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

Although Carnival Cruise Lines has had a couple mishaps recently, they are company that I have had a great customer experience with. A couple months ago, my family and I went on our very first cruise. It was a short, 4 day trip to Ensenada, Mexico, and I had an amazing experience. They offered many activities for all ages, and created a fun, enjoyable atmosphere throughout the whole ship. There was so much to do, there was never a dull moment. The staff was very welcoming. Every staff member we came across would greet us with a smile and ask us how we were doing. The service on the ship was very personal as well. Our waiter at the restaurant introduced himself to us and asked us our names the first time we ate there, and remembered our names every time we went to eat there. This made us feel like they actually cared about us, not thought of as just another customer.
A large part of customer experience is customer retention. “Customer retention is perhaps the best measure of quality—a service firm’s ability to hang onto its customers depends on how consistently it delivers value to them.” (Marketing: An Introduction, Armstrong and Kotler, 227) Carnival Cruise Lines has certainly retained my family and I as customers. I would definitely cruise with Carnival Cruise Lines again. I felt very comfortable on the ship and I greatly enjoyed my time with them. I believe that Carnival Cruise Lines values their customers, and they have made going on a cruise affordable and delightful for many people and all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment